Thursday, 6 October 2011

3 Weeks Ago - Makeup Week: Day Five



Makeup Week: Day Five

Final day and I’m glad it’s over. I’m trying to get my morning routine down to a finely honed schedule with each minute accounted for and adding ten minutes for makeup means I have to get up earlier. It also means I can’t touch my face all day, have to scrub it at night to get the stuff off (I don’t have makeup remover, surprise surprise) and while I do enjoy looking at myself in the mirror with it on I enjoy it without makeup on too and I don’t spend much time at work looking in mirrors.

I went all out for my last day, wearing eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, that powdery stuff, blush and lipstick, as well as actually doing something with my hair (it's awesome what levels of laze you can get away with when your hair is bright green and blue - people notice the colour, not the style). Might as well go out with a bang!

Does it affect how I interact with people or face them? Maybe a teensy, tiny bit, but I think it's unlikely that people really notice that minimal amount of makeup on me; having rather thick-rimmed glasses means that my eye makeup is less noticeable. I am more keen on looking nice in the clothes department, as they are much flashier and mandatory anyway. The makeup thing was an attempt at look professional, "feminine" and polished, but I think it's my manner and achievements that go the furthest in making me look professional and polished. And there’s only a certain degree of polished that you can achieve when you have green hair anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments! Please be respectful of me and other people commenting, but otherwise go crazy! <3