Friday, 16 December 2011

Coming Back (OOTD)

Today's max temperature was 13°C. That's about 55°F for you USeans (just in case you're like me and can't convert in your head). That is just not warm enough for summer! Cold weather makes me extremely lethargic and having constant "I miss my boyfriend" attacks certainly isn't helping either. Consequently, today was not productive and I am not at all motivated to blog. But it's happening anyway, because I'm not motivated to do anything else either and at least if I'm blogging I can whine about how unmotivated I am :P

I had my work do and a girls' night out last Friday, so I have outfits from the day at work and then my night. I like both outfits, but I would've preferred black flats for the day's outfit. However, I only own these!



The following is my favourite dress. I loooooooove how it looks on me and I get a lot of compliments on it. It has a memorable story behind it too (not exciting, just memorable). I think it was bought in 2005 on a visit to Australia. I had no summer dresses, so we bought a black and white polka dotty dress over here in NZ before going on the trip to Oz. And then I left it at home. Obviously we then had to go shopping to find a suitable dress and we stumbled across this one. It didn't actually do a very good job over there as it's quite good at keeping me warm and because of the structured and boned bodice it's definitely not flowy. I'm not complaining though as it's probably my favourite piece of clothing - even though it keeps breaking! *sob*


Cool looking shoes but they managed to give me two blisters and a cut toe. Hooray!

Makeup on the night. Had to be taken with flash since I didn't get to take photos until after I got home at 1am.

Smirky blurry spinny photo!
I am happy with both my day and night looks that day.

On a slightly related note (since I think my daytime look definitely didn't make me look thin) the girls on the trip from the last post were shocked when I said the look I was going for was fat and white. Not unhealthy fat, of course, but I'm definitely not aiming for NZ society's ideals of skinny and brown. And white? Yes please. As white as possible. They were all trying to work out how to get a tan while wearing sunscreen and I was hoping I wouldn't even tan slightly. I don't think I succeeded :(

I've been accused of being racist before because I don't want to tan. I don't understand how that works at all. I just like being white. It suits my clothing style. If I got browner I'd have to change all my clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments! Please be respectful of me and other people commenting, but otherwise go crazy! <3