Wednesday, 29 February 2012

Petite Fashion Challenge #13 - Budget!

Petite fashion bloggers (ickle short ones) participate in something called the Petite Fashion Challenge - it's not restricted to petites only, but since being short (and often very, very slim) can pose a lot of problems when it comes to dressing nicely and age appropriately, so Jean from Extra Petite came up with the idea for regular challenges for us to have fun, step out of our comfort zones and pick up some new tricks.

This is my first time being able to participate in a challenge, because I kept missing the announcements and found out too late to enter. But now, without further ado, I give you:

This month's challenge (hosted by Really Petite) is:

Stylish for under $100: Put together a professional outfit (excluding shoes and accessories) for under $100. 

If you can, please break down the price of each piece to your outfit.  The lower the price of the completed outfit- the better! Bonus points if you can put together a completed outfit including shoes and accessories for under $100.
 
I added an old-fashioned twist to mine, since I have been on a vintage kick lately. I don't actually own any proper vintage except that newly opshopped green skirt, though. (Also, this is probably not most people's ideas of a professional outfit but my workplace is quite relaxed and I had to sacrifice modern professionalism for old-fashioned awesomeness within my ability.)
 
Skirt by Louis and Charles Noble, which apparently went out of business in the 1980s. Also has the label of Blin & Blin, a textiles mill that supplied the label Lilli Ann around the 1940s-1950s. (Only info I can find on my skirt!)

Blouse originally from Glassons - it's rubbish quality, but better than nothing. Shoes from Number 1 Shoe Warehouse.

The headscarf was soooooo blimmin' difficult to deal with because it's silk. It kept sliding off my head. Didn't help that I was wearing a wig and had to make sure that didn't slide off. I ended up pinning the scarf into place, which worked quite well.
 
 Outfit Cost:
Headscarf: free
Wig: $15.50
Blouse: $4.50
Ring: $0.50
Skirt: $4.50
Pantihose: free
Shoes: $40
Glasses: $500 (but hopefully they don't count!)

Total NZD outfit cost:
$65

Total USD outfit cost:
$54.54

8 comments:

  1. that headscarf is super cute! love it ^_^

    -Gita
    www.mimiandchichi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was so tough to keep on my head though! I had to retie it at least five times. And thanks for visiting my blog :D

      Delete
  2. You look SO cute! I love this outfit, so vintage and awesome. Those shoes are perfect and I love your headscarf. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan! It's definitely not my usual style but I am happy that my attempt at looking less modern didn't leave me looking ghastly xD

      Delete
  3. That headscarf is so gorgeous! You look fabulous.

    See Me Rwar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I didn't even know I had it in my closet until that day xD

      Delete
  4. I like your head scarf mucho!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eee so many compliments on my scarf. Must've been a good choice then! Thanks for checking out my blog, too. It's awesome to see another Kiwi blogger, especially a veteran ;)

      Delete

I love to get comments! Please be respectful of me and other people commenting, but otherwise go crazy! <3