Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Things I Achieved In January

I don't like New Year's Resolutions because I never achieve them. I don't achieve most goals I set for myself, actually, because I change my mind or I lose motivation. It's just depressing to have a list of things I should do but never actually...y'know...do. Instead I like to write lists of things I've already done so I can feel good about myself. It might sound vain and self-serving, but for a person who struggles with recognising their worth (I am one of those people - surprise!) it's a good encouragement. And a good way to keep me accountable. After all, I can't complain that I am not able to perform a jump while skiing when I know I've done it before (and I have! So I can!).

Without further ado, I give you:

Things I achieved in January:

  • Correctly remembered that Sophocles wrote Oedipus Rex!
  • Attended a wedding and climbed and walked along a high wall while wearing a dress.
  • Learned to dance to dubstep.
  • Completed a six day tramp.
  • Got my lip pierced (an achievement because I'd been meaning to for at least six months).
  • Removed the head from my car with no help other than a manual and my father's advice :D


I present to you proof that I got my lip pierced, because I've shown proof of my tramp and the wedding and the others have none to show :O

2 comments:

  1. It looks good on you! Normally I'm not a fan because the girls that get it done here usually look really slutty too. But you look nice and the lip ring doesn't come with a string of other assumptions.LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks. I try to avoid looking slutty if I can. Doesn't usually go well with the modesty. Clashing colours, I think :P

      Delete

I love to get comments! Please be respectful of me and other people commenting, but otherwise go crazy! <3