Sunday, 18 March 2012

St Patrick's Day (OOTD)

I will be the first to admit that I have no idea what St Patrick's Day is actually about, though I'm not adverse to actually learning. I am not, however, one of those people who equates it with getting smashed. I don't consider that celebrating.

Last night was a celebration, however, more to my liking. With my friends Fiona and April, I hunted for a bar to visit (after the Christchurch earthquakes our clubbing scene is nonexistent and our bar/pub scene poor) that didn't have lines an hour long. Originally we tried for the Fox and Ferret to visit my friend but after waiting fifteen minutes without moving once we decided to go to Cargo in the hopes the line would be smaller. It turned out there was no line and we were able to get inside and they bought delicious (by their reckoning) cocktails and I got water as it's cheap! The music in Cargo is rock/1980s pop so it's really not to my taste but girls can dance there without fear of being groped, which is always a plus.

We met a friend of April's there and I was bored for some time until we went outside and met his friends - one of whom I already knew and was happy to see again. Our night passed pleasantly with teasing each other and huddling around the heater for warmth. On the way home we dropped off April and her friend and then Fiona went to Maccas for a chat and burgers (for her, as I don't eat Maccas). All up it was a good night out, better than any other night out I've had since the September 2010 earthquake.

The outfit I started with. I felt like one of those tall, leggy bloggers. The necklace was given to me by April and the top by Fiona for last year's St Paddys, since you have to wear green on that night.
What I actually wore since I was quite keen to be comfortable. April got quite a shock when she saw me change into flats. Apparently she's only ever seen me wear heels!

My beautiful best friend Fiona. And my beautiful Lupin Deco.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments! Please be respectful of me and other people commenting, but otherwise go crazy! <3