Thursday, 22 March 2012

Strange Thing (OOTD)

I think I've mentioned it before, but I'm a gamer. Today I was playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 online, in Free For All (everyone kills everyone else as opposed to teams). I was running around dying (since I am not very good and my connection is even worse) and there was another player called Garrys Mod who was complaining a bit about the game. Then he told me to add him as a friend on Steam, the platform used to play the game. I asked him why and he said I was cool (bearing in mind that I hadn't said anything before that). He was whining a bit and his grammar was atrocious (I'm judgemental), so I said I didn't usually do that and apologised. He instantly said "ur mean" and then I got into a conversation with another player, where I revealed that I am female.

The conversation became this:

Garrys Mod: Oh you're a strippwe (means stripper)
Garrys Mod: jk
Killeh (me): *makes fun of his spelling because she isn't sure what else to say*
Garrys Mod: add me
Killeh: Why would I add you when you just called me a stripper?
Garrys Mod: It was a joke cos you're a girl lol
Another player: Not funny
Killeh: Really not funny

The game continued, with him trying to convince me to add him or he'd hack (cheat). I told him I'd rather have the hack. The match ended and the next one began.

Garrys Mod: You b*ch add me stop being a f*in b*ch.
Killeh: No. *makes a few jokes at Garrys Mod's expense, then realises she's acting badly, apologises to him for her behaviour and starts chatting to another player, ignoring Garrys Mod*
Garrys Mod: Suck my c*ck, aw girls look at my d*ck I f*ck girls.
Garrys Mod: B*ch come here I'm going to b*ch slap you b*ch. Haha at least I don't have a vagina like you.

And so on and so forth until the guy finally leaves after that match.

I have no doubt that this boy (he voice chatted at one point, revealing he was young) would have abused me if he hadn't known I was female, but I am certain his method of doing so would have been much different - less sexual, although probably not by much. The thing that disturbed me the most was this young boy's first response to learning I was female: calling me a stripper. Gamer guys often have a bad attitude towards gamer girls, but that particular comment had other guys in the game calling him out.

I hope that as he grows he learns that having such an attitude towards others - male or female - is going to get him nowhere in life; at least I hope it does get him nowhere!

Anyway, that was all very exciting. Made my otherwise crappy games more interesting.

In other news, I cut my hair again (yes again) two days ago but have been unable to take satisfactory photos since. Now I have!



I don't think my back is actually this shape. I believe my top is just doing strange stuff; I hope so, anyway.


Differently coloured to the rest of the photos. No idea why. It's a more accurate photo of my skintone though.

You should always take photos of fancy makeup sooner rather than later. My left cateye is totally messed up because I forgot I was wearing makeup. Cool look though, aye?

11 comments:

  1. Aw, you're so cute! :)

    It really stinks how there's a different attitude towards girl gamers. I got some of that back when I used to play (RuneScape :B) in highschool. I get that guys (especially young guys) can be immature, it's just rather disturbing that they resort to such language and sexual harassment/put-downs. I wonder if they act that way at all in real life.
    I'm sure it's mostly the old "act out to get attention," but that's really no excuse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine :)

      Yay RuneScape! I used to play that too. I can't really comment on inappropriate behaviour in that game though as my character's name was truhottgirl - I had a few attention issues back then xD

      I do get boys doing that to me in real life (I work at a high school) but I always face them down and usually the result is them backing down and apologising after I demand that they respect me. It'd be nice if that happened online, but since they're anonymous it's not really possible.

      Delete
  2. Girl i thought i could never make my mind about my hair, but you win! I last about 6 months and you 2 weeks!
    It looks good, it looks you can get any cut you want
    I salute your guts!

    Have a good weekend

    Ariane xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah sometimes I manage longer but when I haven't done what I actually wanted I change it again pretty quick. Everyone was telling me that my hair just before I shaved it was so pretty, but it wasn't what I actually wanted to do, you know?

      Thank you!

      Delete
  3. love your glasses, I have a very similar pair!

    http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I looked through your photos but I couldn't see any photos of them, so you will have to put a post up with you wearing them so I can see them! You're so pretty and I love how much colour you wear. Thanks for visiting my blog :)

      Delete
  4. Great photos!! Nice to find a fellow Cantabrian!!!
    Check out my blog!!

    www.forwardvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Nice to meet you :) It is indeed nice to find other Christchurch people :)

      Delete
  5. Haha your shoulders look like superman shoulders in that pic! That skirt is the cutest. Also loving the shaved look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha so they do! That's awesome xD It's a Supre skirt I usually can't wear because it's see-through. So, enter slip :D

      Thanks! Normally when my hair is its natural colour I get people from church complaining that I've gone normal, but shaving the side has saved me from that xD

      Delete
  6. Nice pics and nice hair. I also have a braided rat tail, same color and lenght of yours! :)

    Tommy

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! Please be respectful of me and other people commenting, but otherwise go crazy! <3