Tuesday, 8 May 2012

Post for Anonymous (OOTD)

My anonymous commenter on my last blog post expressed a desire to see the back of a hairstyle like mine because he's not sure if he'll like the contrast. I happen to have some photos of that very thing, so I thought I'd post them.

I got my brother to leave an entire strip unshaven down the back of the head, starting at the bottom of my crown, because I don't like the look of a totally shaved head with a rat's tail. That hair is much shorter than my rat's tail, being only a few inches long, but I think it provides enough of a lead in. I've never seen anyone else with this hairstyle and my Google searches came up blank, so if I was inspired by someone else to do it, I've forgotten about them.

I have a hairstyle dilemma right now, actually. A job at one of the only two bra places worth looking at has opened up and I'm desperate to get it. Unfortunately one of their requirements is that their new employee be "well presented", which I fear I am not. My mother protested when I said that, but just because she finds my shaved head and nose-and-lip rings perfectly acceptable for a position that regularly deals with customers, it's unlikely that an employer will. Nevertheless I will apply for the position because despite already having two jobs, I am eminently suitable (other than being a scruffy punk) for an administration job at a bra fitting store. Wish me luck! (Or pray for me; that's preferable.)


How irritating that one stray lock of hair is out of place!

Look how high those pants come up! Aren't they spectacular?


10 comments:

  1. Ooh, a job at a bra store sounds like a dream! I'll be praying for you :)

    I just got my hair cut again and it's quite short and boyish, and even that makes me afraid that I'm too "non-mainstream" or "not feminine enough" for some jobs! But I think that people are far more accepting and laid back about "different" appearances then I tend to give them credit for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I reaaaaaally want this job but I'm unhappy with my CV so I have to buck up and make it nice before I miss out on applying for the job!

    Ooh photo? I find that short hair is not generally a problem, but once it becomes "too short" (who gets to decide that? I don't know) it becomes a problem. How ridiculous that something so arbitrary as hair length should be a factor in hiring someone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the pics! So now I know how it looks from the back. Your rat tail is very nice and I like the curl at the end of it. And it seems even longer cause it starts from the top of your head. Mine is smaller because I have thin hair, and it start from the nape.
    This is a pic of mine, if you like to see it. :)
    http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/3338/foto0233j.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I think yours looks longer than mine because mine has that curl which takes up a lot of its length. My rat's tail actually mostly starts at the nape, but because I have that strip of shorter hair that does start from the top of my head, it looks like it just continues down.

      Delete
  4. One of the ladies who works at my local starbucks has the exact same haircut! And wow! You're really gorgeous! The shaved look really suits you.

    I understand your worry, though. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Ooh I would love to meet someone with the same haircut. I couldn't even find Google results of the same thing. Maybe I'm just bad at searching though lol

      Delete
  5. Oh, good luck with the job! Sounds like an amazing job opportunity, there is ALWAYS a need for good fitters out there! :D I hope the hair is a non-issue. Couldn't you just wear a hat at work, or something if it really bothers them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks June :) I hope the hair is a non-issue too. I haven't heard anything from them about it, so I guess I'll deal with it if it comes up.

      Delete
  6. Wow, I was looking for an inspiration for my rat's tail haircut and I found this...it's perfect!
    I also have the same kind of hair you have, that curls when it gets long, and it seems a pretty good effect! Do you still have this tail?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray! I'm glad I could help you out on the inspiration front. Yeah the curling effect at the bottom is quite cool. I don't have hair like this anymore I'm afraid. Right now I've got a short Mohawk with a mullet at the back that leads down into a side rats tail that sits under my left ear. It's not very long yet though.

      Delete

I love to get comments! Please be respectful of me and other people commenting, but otherwise go crazy! <3