Saturday, 15 September 2012

I look like a boy (OOTD)

Having two cameras and borrowing my brother's occasionally means that my photos get lost sometimes. I have a post about skiing planned, but I have no idea where the cord is for my bro's camera, so I can't get the photos off it. I was going to use his camera to take the photos of yesterday's outfit, but I remembered in time that I'd then have more photos backlogged and nothing to post!

I walked into school yesterday (I work at a high school as a youth worker) and nearly the first thing somebody said to me was "you look like a boy", said by one of the boys I work with quite regularly. His friends told him off for being rude, but I told him quite happily that I usually do. Of course, when I relayed the conversation to my boyfriend and my mother, they both told me I am too pretty and cute to look like a boy. I think that is a mixed blessing, as I enjoy being pretty and cute but wouldn't at all mind being able to pass for a boy.

I really liked yesterday's outfit (minus the hoodie). I've been in somewhat of a style rut, stuck between dressing to deal with the cold and wanting to look good but not knowing how. Yesterday's outfit had to have sport in mind as well as interest factor. It worked really well, and I was able to play Ultimate Frisbee comfortably as well as receive a number of compliments on my pants :D


The organisation I work for gives me cool free t-shirts!

Four broken fingernails from one Ultimate Frisbee training of two hours. I cut them that night.
Later that night, I went to help out with an event for a band made up of students from the school I work for. It ended up being a very low key event so my outfit was totally out of place, but I'm out of place most of the time and greatly enjoy it.




I am always pleasantly surprised at how comfortable these shoes are to walk in.

5 comments:

  1. I love that you can be comfortable and rock such different looks! I feel that I'm more this way - either dressing casually "like a boy" or veering toward the route of a bit "out there"/different feminine. Sometimes I feel like I'm supposed to want to wear dresses all the time or something, but that's just not me. I'm not as confident in wearing what I feel comfortable with (I often find myself dressing how others expect, if that makes sense), but I'm trying to break out of that a bit more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I feel like I'm supposed to fit into one camp or the other as well and it's a bit frustrating sometimes when I realise that I've been dressing in a way that I didn't want to dress in, just because that was what I was "meant to do". I know I'm always happier when I dress to match my mood. Wear whatever you want! Blow them away with your awesomeness!

      Delete
  2. That outfit is beautiful and is very similar to one I wear often with my neon pink tights. I usually wear docs but the rest is almost the same as yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's very cool :) I have Docs as well, but they are red and are unfortunately not very comfortable anymore as the backs of them have scrunched. I bet it looks great with Docs though!

      Delete
    2. I have sent you a couple of pics of my outfit, I hope they will inspire you to buy some new docs!

      Delete

I love to get comments! Please be respectful of me and other people commenting, but otherwise go crazy! <3