Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Steampunk

I mentioned a while ago that I took part in a Steampunk fashion show as part of a geek convention. I've had the photos for a while but totally forgot about them. Tonight I was too lazy to upload the photos from my camera, so I found the Steampunk photos while hunting for something to post.

We all had character bios to add to the atmosphere of the show (it was a really cool show, I thought) and my character was Emma, the daughter of a rich social maven who had been instrumental in establishing New London as the rich, influential city it was. Emma's sister Jasmine was a sharp, politically minded young lady who attracted all the men but wanted to make her own way in politics, defying gender stereotypes. My character, Emma, was disgusted with the ease and fakery of the political and social world of New London and instead forayed out into the Wasteland in search of crumbling and irradiated ruins, dangerous monsters and excitement. With the help of Mummy's money.

I really enjoy roleplaying and writing stories, so having a chance to get into a character was heaps of fun, even if it was only for a short time.


*edited to remove redeye

I'm heading up to Auckland tomorrow and to save money I decided not to have any checked baggage. I'm only really going to be there for four days, so I can deal with that (especially since I'm going to visit my best friend, whose clothes I can steal). The only problem is that in order to maximise my space I should really be planning what I'm going to wear, but I loathe doing that. I like to wear whatever makes me happy on the day, not something I planned long beforehand. I will probably just chuck in jeans and a pair of shorts and a couple of tees and stick with that.

Oh, I'm also going to be heading to Rose & Thorne to get a fitting and meet some of the people, so I will try my best to document that well so I can give you a report later.

I'll see you when I get back!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is an awesome costume!! I need an excuse to dress up... (oh, hey! Halloween! :B)

    I try to travel light and not check baggage, too.. I usually end up packing a few things that can go together in any combination and hope for the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're dressing up/have dressed up for Halloween (I don't know when it is lol) xD

      I ended up wearing hardly anything of what I packed because it was way too cold. Fortunately, I'd packed light enough that I was able to do some shopping and fit it in on the way back!

      Delete

I love to get comments! Please be respectful of me and other people commenting, but otherwise go crazy! <3