Thursday, 22 November 2012

50 Things You Never Wanted to Know (But Needed to Anyway)

Hello there! I am still trucking with my novel, being behind but not too far behind. Unfortunately, I've run out of plot so have to spend some time trying to work out the logical progression from where I'm at. I plotted the entire book out, but made changes which means I can't reach the same end as I originally was going to. Que sera.

I've been meaning to blog, but it hasn't happened. I've taken a few photos, but since both of my cameras are munted, the process for actually getting those photos onto my computer is more complicated than I can be bothered with at the moment. I saw that Boosaurus and a number of the other bloggers have done this 50 Things About Me post and figured it would be a good way to still be around without having outfit pictures (or bra talk, which is way too much effort with my mind on my novel).


Boosaurus mentioned that she was going to call hers 50 Shades of Boosaurus (but thought better of it) but my first thought was 10 Things I Hate About You. Vastly different number, but way better form of entertainment than 50 Shades of Grey. But I don't hate these 50 things about myself, so nevermind.

Without further ado:


1. What time did you get up this morning? 8:13am. I was meant to get up at 8am to get my little brother ready for school, but I went to bed too late, so I woke up at 8 and fell asleep again. We were late to school.

2. How do you like your steak?  Made of tofu. I'm a vegetarian and have never, ever liked steak.

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Erm, Looper. Good movie that I will never, ever watch again. Cried through most of it and after it finished I left the theatre and cried to the point of hyperventilation in a corner of the foyer. I'm not good with people hurting each other.

4. What is your favorite TV show? Well, I don't watch TV most of the time. Sometimes I wander through the lounge and there's something on that catches my eye, but I never actually plan to watch things. We do have a number of TV shows on DVD that don't run anymore though, and of those I like MASH, Vicar of Dibley, Blackadder and Yes Minister. I also like Bones and watch it whenever I can be bothered - which means I've seen it maybe four times this entire year.

5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Does it have to actually exist? Ideally I'd live in New Zealand, in the mountains, but in at least 25 degree weather (that's Celsius, kids). My country is beautiful, but way too cold for me. Since I can't have that, I want to live in a lot of places. Ideally warm ones, with lots of gorgeous nature around.

6. What did you have for breakfast? Wheat Biscuits with milk and brown sugar.

7. What is your favorite cuisine? I get bored of things quickly, so my favourites change regularly. At the moment, I have no idea. I would like some pasta though.

8. What foods do you dislike? Coffee (ugh, so gross), cucumber, celery, olives, skim milk (I need my fatty milk!), anything more than mildly spicy and most fast food/snack food.

9. Favorite Place to Eat? I don't like to go out to eat. I don't like paying for food, but my favourite place used to be a little cafe called Java, where there were spiral staircases, heavily tattooed staff, bookcases full of old books (including old kids' books), interesting indie music, graffitti'd walls and couches. The atmosphere was incredibly relaxing to me and their food was good, especially the nachos. Java collapsed in the earthquake :(

10. Favorite dressing? Toss up between honey mustard and garlic yoghurt. Yum.

11.What kind of vehicle do you drive? Mazda Familia. My old car was a 1987 Fiat Uno, which was simultaneously much cooler and much dorkier, but it broke and I pulled the engine apart and have yet to put it back together.

12. What are your favorite clothes? Coloured high-waisted skinny jeans. My sky-high boots. Patterned tights. Floaty-yet-edgy skirts. Sleeveless tops. Clothing with lots of colour, interesting details and that I won't see on other people.

13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? The entire world. I want to visit every country before I die.

14. Where would you want to retire? No idea. Maybe close to my brothers so I can play with their grandchildren.

15. Favorite time of day? I don't really have one. I struggle with enjoying most of my day, especially morning and evening. I think probably around late morning, when I'm enjoying work and don't yet have to think about what I'll do when I get home.

16. Where were you born? Auckland, New Zealand.

17. What is your favorite sport to watch? I do not enjoy watching sport, especially when I could be playing it. I spend a lot of time watching sport because of my job as a youth worker though (high school sport) and out of all the sports I do watch, basketball is probably my favourite.

19. How many siblings? Two little brothers. One two years younger, the other nine and a half years younger.

20. Favorite pastime/hobby? Reading probably tops the list, but I don't allow myself to read fiction much anymore due to my habit of neglecting my life. Browsing the internet, playing video games (first person shooters or roleplaying games), spending time with my family, spending time with my friends.

21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? I'll just be happy if anyone responds, although I'll be fine if no one does xD

22. Bird watcher? Not a huge bird fan, but occasionally. I prefer to listen to them and watch cats (cats are so beautiful).

23. Are you a morning person or a night person? Definitely night, although I think that's more to do with my lack of sleep than anything else.

24. Do you have any pets? I have a weird cat with a head that's too small for his body and a desire to be around people as long as they don't come near him. He's crazy, but very gentle and doesn't like to fight. I love him.

25. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share?  I'm doing National Novel Writing Month and have written 31,000 words so far! I'm behind schedule, but am not too far off :)

26. What did you want to be when you were little? What didn't I want to be? I wanted to be a model, an Air Force pilot, a lawyer, a pastor, a lecturer, a teacher, a doctor, a nurse, a web designer, a clothing designer. Lots of things. None of which I want to be now (I don't know what I want to be now).

27. What is your best childhood memory? I can't really think of anything specific, although I had a very happy childhood (most amazing family ever). My memories of going tramping (hiking), or camping or just anywhere out into NZ's gorgeous nature with my family and playing with bonfires and all sorts are probably the best.

28. Are you a cat or dog person? Cat. I greatly dislike dogs and adore cats, although I'm too lazy even to look after cats.

29. Are you married? Nope. Want to be, one day, but I don't want children so I have no timer on the marriage xD

30. Always wear your seat belt? Of course.

31. Been in a car accident? Only one. I drove into the back of a parked ute xD Broke my indicator light and that was all.

32. Any pet peeves? People trying to joke when I'm angry or upset, people driving under the speed limit in a high speed area and then being over the speed limit once they reach the lower speed.

33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? Cheese, cream cheese, sundried tomato.

34. Favorite Flower? Not really sure I have one, but I had an orchid named after me (Sweetpea, my nickname from my parents) when I was born, so I'll pick that.

35. Favorite ice cream? Frozen yoghurt :D

36. Favorite fast food restaurant? Pita Pit. They do the most delicious feta pita. Mmmm.

37. How many times did you fail your driver’s test? None, even though I nearly hit a truck at a roundabout (it was the truck driver's fault).

38. From whom did you get your last email? Er. Lumosity, I think. It's a brain training website I signed up for, but it costs money so I stopped after the free trial and now it keeps spamming me.

39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? I don't have a credit card, but maybe ASOS or Modcloth (online stores count, right?). They both have such a variety that my varying style would be matched by their clothing.

40. Do anything spontaneous lately? Most of what I do outside work is spontaneous. I made a split-second decision to go to a write-in at the library with my friend for NaNoWriMo last night (after she text me going "so I'm at the write-in, where are you?") and ended up writing nearly 4,000 words.

41. Like your job? I have three jobs. I like two of them, my youth work and teacher aiding, but my job as a payroll manager is a bit of a drag.

42. Broccoli? I will deal with it if it's cooked into something. By itself, the little balls getting into my teeth is too irritating.

43. What was your favorite vacation? China. I've had a lot of great holidays, but going to China with my dad for three weeks when I was 17 has to be the kicker. We did lots of touristy things, walked around a lot and got sick of temples, then went to Vietnam, Malaysia and Singapore. So much fun.

44. Last person you went out to dinner with? My boyfriend. We went to Spagalimis. Their starters were great, but the mains were very mediocre.

45. What are you listening to right now? One of the machines in the workshop. Not sure which one it is.

46. What is your favorite color? Teal, green, blue.

47. How many tattoos do you have? None. I want one or more, but don't know what to get or where to get them. I also think they'd probably get infected, given my track record with my piercings (all 14 of the piercings I've ever got have become infected, partly due to my less than stellar hygiene and partly due to my body's absolute loathing of...well, just about anything).

49. What time did you finish this quiz? 12:15pm. Almost time for doctor appointment.

50. Coffee Drinker? Never, never, never. Cannot stand the stuff. I'll have water, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments! Please be respectful of me and other people commenting, but otherwise go crazy! <3