Sunday, 21 April 2013

Long hair, don't care (OOTD)

I got another wig on Thursday. I've been wanting something long, that I can tie up in a ponytail or plait or something fun and I don't know if I'll ever have the patience to grow my own hair long enough ever again. I prefer short hair and I suit short hair and I find long hair a huge hassle. This makes wigs the best option for me, because I can pull the long hair off in a moment.

I feel strange wearing this wig, and I think it's painfully obvious that it is a wig, but then I know I'm wearing one which I think affects my perception of its appearance. I wore it to work (at a petrol station) the same night I got it and my workmate didn't realise it was me until my other workmate told her I was wearing a wig. She's a hairdresser and said she thinks it looks realistic enough but that I should darken my eyebrows when I wear it. I see her point, but I have no idea how to darken my eyebrows. I will have to learn!

In other news, I rearranged my room yesterday and found a mouse hiding out behind one of my chest of drawers. It scampered away from me and my brother joined me in a lengthy mouse chase that ended in us successfully ushering the wee thing outside. I like mice, so I wasn't at all inclined to hurt it - not that I try to hurt any animals anyway. I quite like having my room rearranged, as I think I'll be able to watch movies on my computer while sitting in my armchair now and I don't have to step over all my shoes to get to my warm tops.

So if anyone still reads this, please comment and tell me what you think of my wig!




4 comments:

  1. Wig looks cute! Don't know if this will be useful but I usually brush some brown eyeshadow over my eyebrows when I wear makeup otherwise you can't see them... Maybe try that with this wig?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will have to try that. I used eyebrow pencil last time which seemed to work, but I am always afraid I'll press too hard and give myself weird lines.

      Delete
  2. I like it! You could try using a clip in it, or do a little braid to keep the front bits out of your eyes. PS I just found your blog after someone linked to it on reddit. Go you! I like your style and your message :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I used a headband and a clip alternatively when I wore it to work and both worked. I don't know if I would be able to braid the fringe to keep it out of my eyes, but I certainly want to try!

      Also, that is awesome. I actually looked myself up on reddit after you posted this and found the link. Exciting! Thanks for mentioning it :) And welcome to my blog!

      Delete

I love to get comments! Please be respectful of me and other people commenting, but otherwise go crazy! <3