Monday, 12 August 2013

New things

I had meant to be away all weekend at youth group camp, but I didn't feel well so came home Saturday morning. Although I'm sad not to have experienced camp, I was very glad for my quiet day. I'm really tired, so it was nice not to have to be around people much. I don't do well with people when I'm tired. I did go to work at the petrol station for a few hours in the evening though as one of my co-workers was having a rough time.

This week has, as I said, been difficult but it's also surprisingly been a week of new things. I bought myself a Samsung Galaxy S2 from Trademe on Wednesday and it arrived Thursday so I've been playing with it; I like new gadgets. I got a screen protector for it today which I don't like, but I don't want to risk scratching the screen. I have to get a case online because the stores are up to the S4 now.

I also washed my hair with conditioner for the first time since December 2011, and later in the week with shampoo for the first time in the same time period. With my tattoo making it hard to wash my hair (not supposed to get it wet) I caved and used them in an attempt to get less greasy hair, as water washing hasn't been doing too well lately. The conditioner washing didn't really make a difference but the shampoo definitely cleaned my hair more. I don't want to get back into a shampoo cycle however, so Saturday night I washed my hair with baking soda and apple cider vinegar for the first time ever. It was not too hard to do and now my hair is insanely clean and fluffy. I like the fluffiness but I'll reserve judgment until I try to style it and see how fast it gets greasy. It's nice to have light feeling hair for once though.

Now that I've rambled on for a while, have a look at the very first photo I took with my new phone, taken out the car window hastily as I pulled over on the side of the road on my way to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments! Please be respectful of me and other people commenting, but otherwise go crazy! <3