Sunday, 8 September 2013

A friend in need (OOTD)

I was talking to a friend of mine on Monday and I mentioned that I was thinking of getting my hair cut into a style that would look nicer while I'm growing it out. She's a hairdressing student so she was very interested and after some discussion, she offered to cut my hair - for free! I couldn't turn down that offer, so today I went to her house for just over an hour of chatting and dropping bits of blue hair on the floor.

It's not as different as I'm used to, since usually when I make changes to my hair they're drastic, but I am trying to grow it, so a big change would be too much hair off. I think it will be easier to have sit properly, however, and the back is a big improvement.




You can see both of our motorbikes in this photo. One's right behind me, obviously, and the other is over on the right, only just showing a bit of handlebar.

I'm writing this before going to visit a church's night service with a bunch of friends from my church. It seems to be turning into a regular thing that several young women from my church go to this other night service (nothing to do with the many attractive young men there, I'm sure) and I'm trying to make myself go also, since I'm really not sure if I want to be a Christian right now so I'm pushing myself to explore other church communities and ways of thinking to see if it's just my church proving unsatisfying at the moment.

I say that I'm not sure if I want to be a Christian, but I don't know how true that is. I want to embody the fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience etc), I don't want to do anything that the Bible says is bad for people and I do want a relationship with God...I guess I just don't think I know God very well right now and I want to discover who zie is by myself, without all the trappings the church adds onto zir (eg "God hates gays!" "God wants women to stay home and have babies" "God wants you to give ALL your money to the church" "God wants you to stop asking so many difficult questions"). My church isn't even a bad one, it's actually pretty great. But I'm feeling tired of listening to Christians talk about being Christian and wondering "do you actually think that, or are you just parroting what you've been told?" Combined with feeling like I have no idea what God wants me to do in life, I'm feeling lost and thinking that the directions the church is offering are not going to take me down the path I want to go to find who God is and who I am in relation to zir.

Whew. Deep. In lighter news, I rode on our go-kart today for the first time in years. It was broken for a long time (like most of our mechanical things, since Dad considers it practically a sin to buy new mechanical objects), but Dad fixed it so my little brother could go on it again. The last time I rode it, I drove my little brother around in it. Today he drove me around. It was great fun.

Final note: oh, how I wish I had a better camera (and better photography skills).








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments! Please be respectful of me and other people commenting, but otherwise go crazy! <3