Wednesday, 2 October 2013

It's Frocktober (OOTDs)

Yup, it's Frocktober and I feel like participating. I did so in 2010 for half the month after only finding out about it halfway. I didn't know what Frocktober was for, so I just researched it and it's for awareness of ovarian cancer. I'm not a fundraising kind of person, preferring to actually give my own money or time over trying to push other people into paying for me to do something fairly pointless (like wearing dresses or skirts every day for a month), so I will not be fundraising for this event. I'll just donate. I do applaud those who do use this opportunity to fundraise, but it's just not in my nature. I'm so anti-selling that I prefer to give away clothes that cost me hundreds of dollars than to sell them. I don't know why I'm so averse to sales, but I run with it.

Anyway, I didn't realise until today that it was October, but fortunately I wore a skirt yesterday anyway, so right now I'm two for two in the not-wearing-pants department. And just to up the ante for myself, I'm going to attempt to post my outfit every day this month also. Yay team! Obviously yesterday has to be excluded, since the decision came today, but I'll give you yesterday's outfit in a double feature with today's.








I wore the above outfit to go to a Christian young adults' summit (talky thing) on homosexuality, which made me nervous and ended up being great. The speakers were a lot more compassionate and loving than I'd expected, there were two people who believe homosexuality is ok and to top it off I got a lot of compliments on my "hair". I also managed to wear sock with boots in a way I really like and the boots were only $10. Score!








Sadly, today's light for taking photos was rubbish so I was all washed out or grey or red. My last four photos were taken using the "retro" filter on my camera which possibly gives a more accurate representation of my skin colour, but still feels like cheating. And I'm not actually as pretty as these photos make out, because I took a lot of photos and chose my favourite. Well, I'm not as pretty as this all the time. I am actually this pretty sometimes, or I wouldn't have these photos at all.

1 comment:

I love to get comments! Please be respectful of me and other people commenting, but otherwise go crazy! <3