Sunday, 6 October 2013

Never tickle a sleeping dragon (OOTD)

I can't decide if it's a good or bad thing that my most intimate connections with the young people I work with seems to be over Facebook. On the one hand, I kind of feel like a failure that I don't have these conversations in person, but on the other hand it can be so much easier to just spontaneously initiate a conversation when I don't have to worry about how soon they'll have to go back to class, how I can get the friends to leave, being nervous about whether my body language and facial expressions are conveying the right ideas and trying to read the young person's. Mostly I get around my indecision by ignoring it and just doing good however I can, with God's strength whenever zie provides it (and I think to ask, more to the point).




Today's outfit was inspired by the lovely warmth and discussing comic books with a guy on OkCupid last night. Just had to get a little bit of my geekiness out there, even though I don't even read the Harry Potter books very often. I do love the setting she created though so I roleplayed Harry Potter (play-by-post forum roleplaying) for probably about five years before I got too flaky to write.

On a side note, I hate trying to think of titles for my posts. Bleh ><



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments! Please be respectful of me and other people commenting, but otherwise go crazy! <3