Sunday, 4 May 2014

May the Fourth be with you


Everybody, it's Star Wars Day. And this year, for the first time, I decided to cosplay for it. A week ago. And I started putting together my costume...yesterday.




 More after the break - warning, many photos!



So it was a bit of a rush job! That's ok, I don't have anywhere to be in my costume. There's a movie marathon happening at the Hoyts cinema, but I'd actually die trying to watch so many movies in one go, especially wearing my old contacts because I ripped my new ones.

This is my second cosplay ever (my first being Supergirl almost a year ago). It almost didn't happen, because I got discouraged this morning by my lack of preparation and nearly gave up. I'm glad I didn't though, because despite all the glaringly incorrect details that will surely niggle me if I let them, I'd say I'm fairly unequivocally recognisable as Princess Leia.

I don't know how long this interest in cosplay is going to continue, but I shall attempt to be enthusiastic for as long as it does. It does me a lot of good to be focusing on some kind of project instead of doing a lot of self-critical navel gazing, which is my default activity when nothing else is happening, and I think it's great to be creating these kinds of memories, even if part of me is crying out that cosplay is not productive. I continue to tell myself that it is, because it adds to my happiness.



Did anyone else dress up for Star Wars Day?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, adding to happiness definitely counts as a productive activity. And you did an amazing job! Love everything, including the makeup. We will definitely have to costume it up together someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I was pretty surprised at the makeup because I usually do so little of it.

      Costuming together would be awesome :D

      Delete

I love to get comments! Please be respectful of me and other people commenting, but otherwise go crazy! <3